Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 3 29

 


Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 3 29

A STANDARD SYSTEM FOR INVESTIGATING AND CLASSIFYING VIOLENT CRIMES

SECOND EDITION

John E. Douglas, Ann W. Burgess, Allen G. Burgess, and Robert K. Ressler, Editors

 

 

 

Before a tracker begins a journey into unknown territory to apprehend an enemy, he enlists all possible resources to familiarize himself with the known terrain, climate, and environment. This permits him to identify the type of survival tools and skills needed to accomplish the task. Remember that the offender has been preparing his responses to conceal his guilt from the moment he committed the crime, and probably before. He will use every tactic available to counter and dismantle every offensive attack. To know your enemy is the best strategy. It takes time, commitment, and grueling effort. Lord Byron stated the principle well: “Knowledge is power.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 3 17

Is the role of deviant sexual fantasy related to the types of sexual offence committed by Ted Bundy? (9)

Crime Classification Manual Part II Chapter 9 B 12