Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 4 11

 


Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 4 11

A STANDARD SYSTEM FOR INVESTIGATING AND CLASSIFYING VIOLENT CRIMES

SECOND EDITION

John E. Douglas, Ann W. Burgess, Allen G. Burgess, and Robert K. Ressler, Editors

 

Heinous, Atrocious, and Cruel: Challenges

While courts have upheld the distinction of crimes for their severity, several challenges confound justice in this endeavor.

Any killing, one might argue, is emotionally painful to the victim. Or con- sider cases that reflect overkill; perhaps they involve an assailant naive to how quickly lethal blows kill. Not a medical examiner, this killer may leave a crime scene that by virtue of overkill suggests an “evil” crime, heinous when compared to other killings.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 3 17

Is the role of deviant sexual fantasy related to the types of sexual offence committed by Ted Bundy? (9)

Crime Classification Manual Part II Chapter 9 B 12