Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 5 37

 


Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 5 37

A STANDARD SYSTEM FOR INVESTIGATING AND CLASSIFYING VIOLENT CRIMES

SECOND EDITION

John E. Douglas, Ann W. Burgess, Allen G. Burgess, and Robert K. Ressler, Editors

 

Information retrieval from these machines was challenging. Information retrieval was performed by VI CAP CAs, who had to master the Natural programming language to access the database (written in Adabase) on the mainframe computer (an Amdahl). With practice, the VI CAP CAs learned to prepare discrete queries designed to elicit cases exhibiting characteristics similar to the case under analysis. Their satisfaction with the query results exceeded the accuracy of the Automated Modus Operandi System, used until 1997.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 3 17

Is the role of deviant sexual fantasy related to the types of sexual offence committed by Ted Bundy? (9)

Crime Classification Manual Part II Chapter 9 B 12