Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 5 58

 


Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 5 58

A STANDARD SYSTEM FOR INVESTIGATING AND CLASSIFYING VIOLENT CRIMES

SECOND EDITION

 

Along the way in Los Angeles, he met Jack Webb, the Hollywood director and actor. Webb performed both functions for the television series, Drag- net, and played the part of Sergeant Joe Friday. Brooks was a perfectionist in his work, and he saw in Webb the same characteristics. He once remarked that Webb tightly “blocked his shots” on a scene, specifying exactly where the actors were to stand, how the camera would be positioned, what lighting was to be used, and other details.

The respect was mutual. From time to time during Sergeant Friday’s opening monologue on Dragnet (“This is the city. Los Angeles, California. I work here. I carry a badge.”), he announced the shift’s watch commander as Lieutenant Pierce Brooks. Dragnet 1969, a movie, used the murders com- mitted by Harvey Glatman as its theme.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crime Classification Manual Part II Chapter 9 B 12

Crime Classification Manual Part II Chapter 10 B 16

Crime Classification Manual Part II Chapter 6 89