Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 5 36

 


Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 5 36

A STANDARD SYSTEM FOR INVESTIGATING AND CLASSIFYING VIOLENT CRIMES

SECOND EDITION

John E. Douglas, Ann W. Burgess, Allen G. Burgess, and Robert K. Ressler, Editors

 

Computing Platform

In 1985, most automated systems resided in a huge mainframe computers. Typically these machines were housed in special rooms with dedicated air handling (air conditioning, mostly, as the machines produced a large amount of heat) and raised floors to accommodate heavy cables providing power and communication among machine components. The machines required frequent maintenance. Programming the machines was a special function and practiced by a small number of persons. Programming languages were difficult to master, with abstruse syntax.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Crime Classification Manual Part I Chapter 3 17

Is the role of deviant sexual fantasy related to the types of sexual offence committed by Ted Bundy? (9)

Crime Classification Manual Part II Chapter 9 B 12